Friday, July 1, 2011

Looking Back, Looking Forward

On Monday, I set a goal for this week.  The week isn't over yet but my goal is far from being reached.  My nephew is visiting and my roommate's daughter is here.  This sucks the motivation to edit right out of me, until today.  The thunderstorms rolled in off Lake Michigan last night and the need to hibernate overwhelmed me.

This morning I woke to more rumbling thunder and the great desire to curl up in the chair with my book and edit.  This afternoon should be quite productive!  The next step is to start all over again next week.  Set another goal and challenge myself to reach it.  Offer myself an indulgence to keep on target.  Whatever works to keep the forward movement of my writing career.  Thank you to my online community at Forward Motion (http://www.fmwriters.com/) and National Novel Writing Month (http://www.nanowrimo.org/).  Both give me the push to become the best writer I can be.

My goal is within reach.  Given Sunday is my 12th wedding anniversary and Monday is the 4th of July, I have confidence.  I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and can meet their goals by the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment