Wednesday, July 20, 2011

WIP Wednesday


This week has been eventful for me.  I hit the publish button at createspace for the personal essay collection I have been working on for two years.  It has been a heart-wrenching time.  The essays cover the highlights of my life with my older brother.  He passed away on April 22, 2009.  The book includes color pictures and space at the end to journal your own memories about him.  I gave the first copy to my mom and it was awesome to see the pleasure of the cover followed by the emotion of the manuscript.  The Scorpion Guardian has it's own page: https://www.createspace.com/3633583

I have finished researching cutting and eating disorders for the mental health series.  My next step is to research the Chicago area.  I am still tossing around names for the town that the series will take place in right now.  I am thinking of some place that resembles Schaumberg, IL.  The city has wonderful memories.  The atmosphere and people make you feel welcome.  I welcome suggestions for town names.

I have been playing a lot of Shadowrun RPG the last few months, especially this week.  I am now thinking about writing about the future and living life as an outcast.  I am better at Young Adult but some Sci-Fi might be out there in the future.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment